Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Stackhouse Park Groundhog Day Challenge

 In all the years of blogging, Stackhouse Park might be my most featured public place. I have always felt connected to the park. Growing up in Westmont and now residing in Brownstown, the park connects the boroughs that have shaped my life; the churches that have been a part of my spiritual journey are accessible by Stackhouse trails. And now, I am a board member for my home away from home. 

The circle of life.

So, here is the challenge on this Groundhog's Day. I am calling all my family, friends, blog fans, nature lovers, and my fellow Americans to consider becoming a contributing member to Stackhouse. It is a park powered by community support. If you are viewing this blog via Facebook, you shall see links to how you make a footprint for the future of those trails. Contributions can come in the form of...

Lifetime Membership: Dog

One of my greatest adventurer pals was my faithful pooch, Ralph. I have miles upon miles of memories with him, exploring the Stackhouse terrain and chasing critters. Luckily, he entrusted me as his sole beneficiary when he adventured on to canine heaven. My $50.00 contribution to Stackhouse entitles Ralph to post-mortem trail runs and treats for all of eternity. If you own or owned a dog who wants to join Ralph, he is willing to run in a pack and he was a nonconfrontational mutt when he roamed Earth. I would imagine angelic Ralph is even more lovable. 

As of tonight, Ralph earned his lifetime membership. Congrats, my old friend.  

Membership: Family

Our most attended adventure park as a family is Stackhouse. From identifying trees to American Ninja Warrior stunts at the playground to vines swings to picnics to 5Ks, we are a Stackhouse family. For $35.00, we pay back the place that has gifted us with play dates, buddy hikes, and above all, the landscape to teach our kids that the greatest teacher of all is Mother Nature. 

And there are plenty more ways to contribute..individual, friend, senior. Ultimately, supporters of Stackhouse Park are all believers; believing that the park helps build the community; provides a place to journey physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually; helps a younger generation get away from this darn computer; helps us adults stay young at heart.

Join my family and Ralph. 

Adventure on, Johnstown. 

Darn groundhog. 

https://cfalleghenies.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create?funit_id=2815  (online contribution through the Community Foundation For the Alleghenies)

https://www.stackhousepark.com/memberships.html  (printable membership form)




No comments:

Post a Comment