Friday, March 17, 2017

Saint Patrick's Day

On March 17, 2014, my wife and I were seated at the Saint Patrick's Day parade in Dublin. That trip was an incredible view of Ireland. Exactly 10 months from the day we left for the Emerald Isle, our first daughter was born. Another incredible view.

On this Saint Patrick's Day, our second daughter arrived as if our storybook was Ireland: Full Circle. March madness and gladness all around and this second time around was lightning quick. Before we went to the hospital, I wrote down this part of the Saint Patrick breastplate prayer:

"I arise today through the strength of heaven,
the light of the sun, the radiance of the moon,
the splendor of fire, the speed of lightning,
the swiftness of wind, the depth of the sea,
the stability of the earth, the firmness of rock"

Before that lightning quick journey from womb to "Wow", the sun shined bright through the hospital window. Dr. Khouzami has been a little bit wind and a whole lot of earth for us. The man is simply awesome- consistent, clear, and charismatic. He wastes no time, but at the same time, makes you feel like he is in this with you, every step and push of the way.  Before our St. Patty's day baby was out, he joked that a good laugh or cough was going to get her to us. For two pregnancies now, Dr. Khouzami has seized every day. I am forever grateful for the reassuring swagger of this hospital hero. God bless the doctors, nurses, and staff of Conemaugh Health System.

My wife and God have blessed me with two great girls. I found strength watching my wife today. I seek to strengthen my faith each day, knowing someone is watching over me.

Sleep well, girls.

I am greatly outnumbered and it is incredible.













No comments:

Post a Comment