Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday's Gift

Since my second daughter arrived on Saint Patrick's Day, my wife and I have divided, conquered, and safeguarded against collisions. It has been a blessed adventure adding another girl to the mix.

I will return to work on Monday and again, I will have to adapt. I imagine it will not be easy, but the show must go on. I am grateful for my job because it gives me the opportunity to help others. And, while I dedicated everything I had to my family since St. Patty's Day, I received no work phone calls, texts, or emails. There were no work distractions for this Dad. My job was to be Dad. My co-workers helped me by giving me undivided time on family island.

Another helpful part of my life has been Sunday conversations at Mill House Cafe. Over the past year, coffee has provided more than one jolt. The pursuit for a cup of coffee has led to an unexpected route on my spiritual journey. I have befriended community members who share a faith. From there, we've shared experiences, stories, and opinions. Sunday mornings @ the Cafe has been another blessing.

We conclude the Sunday Cafe experience with a sending song. After this week's group, I had an idea. My wife will attest to this - I have a lot of ideas. I plan on taking a phrase from the sending song and jolting this blog. Spirituality has become my creative force. Writing has always been my passionate platform for expression.

"Show us how to use our gifts"

That was this week's line from the sending song. Written words have served so many purposes in my life - direction, inspiration, perspective, and much needed humor. I hope my words have a positive impact on someone, somewhere, someday. Today might be that day. And the writing of others continues to keep me fueled. Keeps the ideas bouncing, My brain is a kangaroo.

If you have a gift, give it. If you want to know more about Cafe Sundays or anything else I write about, please ask. If there is one thing I have learned since I started this blog, it is this: you feel so much more a part of the community when you share experiences with those in your community.










No comments:

Post a Comment